The Church Development Team is a part of the Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church. Our goal is to help our 1,200 churches carry out their mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world!
Need Assistance? Our team is ready to serve you.
We have grants, training, and coaching to help churches…
- Start new worship services that are reaching new groups of people
- Establish new off-site congregations or campuses
- Relocate to a new facility and location in order to expand their ministry reach
- Create vital mergers
We also have the Fruitful Congregation resources described on our Conference website:
- One-day Advance – A four-hour church-wide event to help a church reconnect with its mission and move forward ($200, free if three or more churches do it together)
- Growing Disciples Study – Eight-session self-led, small-group study for local churches (Free)
- Fruitful Congregation Journey, which consists of three steps:
- 1) Shared Learning Experience, eight monthly sessions, ($200, plus books and meals)
- 2) Consultation/Intervention Process, several months preparation culminating in a weekend local-church assessment (free),
- 3) Implementation of Prescriptions, requires 12-18 months with a coach. ($200 per month for the coach)
There are additional resources such as MissionInsite, which provides church members with online up-to-date demographics at no cost, and the Natural Church Development survey church assessment tool.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at the Conference Office at 877 781-6706 or your district’s Conference Church Development staff person.
- Doug Anderson, email@example.com – 15 largest churches and cluster leader training
- Steve Clouse, firstname.lastname@example.org – Northwest, West districts
- Ed Fenstermacher, email@example.com – North, Northeast, East (north of SR 36)
- Mark Gough, firstname.lastname@example.org – North Central, Central, Southwest, East (SR 36 & south)
- Sharon Washington, email@example.com – South, Southeast districts