The Fruitful Congregation Journey…
- The whole course is packed with BIG takeaways.
- Our FCJ team had opportunities to discuss and form ideas to lead our church forward!
- I have learned so much through FCJ. This is working in our church already. Praise the Lord!
- In addition to what this program will do for our church, it has revitalized my faith life. Thank you.
- Our meetings were never boring. Always looked forward to our Saturday gatherings.
- As I have told our congregations, the Fruitful Congregation Journey has really changed the way I think about so many things we do in the church. This has been life changing for me.
These are just a few comments from first-year participants in the Fruitful Congregation Journey, a process which helps churches more effectively fulfill their mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. So far, over 200 United Methodist churches in Indiana have participated in this three-step church revitalization process.
The first step, called the Shared Learning Experience, takes teams from participating churches through seven monthly sessions. Each session focuses on a particular aspect of effective church ministry. Participants read a book prior to each session and then debrief that session back home with their pastor and others on their FCJ team.
A new group of churches is beginning the Shared Learning Experience this September. There is still space available, so if your averages 50 or more people in worship and your church is interested in participating, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be groups meeting this year in the following locations: Chesterton, Fort Wayne, Kokomo, Martinsville, Greensburg, and Evansville.
If your church averages less than 50 in worship, hold tight. We’re developing a special version of FCJ that we’ll be pilot-testing this fall with a group of churches.
— Ed Fenstermacher, Associate Director of Church Development